Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bed Rest and a Marathon

Almost 2 weeks ago I was placed on bed rest by my OB because my amniotic fluid level was too low.  Luckily, she said that I could work at home (on my computer, on the couch).  However, I can only get up from the couch to go to the bathroom and take one (very quick) shower a day.  Randy has been a wonderful husband and father, taking care of both me and Everett while I've been down.  If the baby does not arrive by Nov.2, I will be induced on that date, so stay tuned!  (By the way, a subsequent sonogram showed that the bed rest is helping, as my fluid levels have increased.)

Randy has been training for his first marathon (yes, 26.2 miles) for several months now.  Luckily, he did not have to cancel running the Kansas City marathon because I was on bed rest.  My parents came down for the weekend to help out and take care of Everett and me while he was busy running the marathon, along with brother-in-law Scott.  Randy did an awesome job on the marathon, completing it in just barely over 4 hours. Congratulations, Randy!


Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Hauner for helping us out!

No comments: